Sunday, June 20, 2004

The Bush Problem

Ok- so you know what's so wrong about this whole Bush presidency and the Iraq War? SO MUCH I DON'T KNOW WHERE TO BEGIN! And now we've been cocky Americans, and destroyed our relationship with all foreign nations- even our friend England is punished for sticking by us- and they should- because yes we are America- and we are a great nation- but we are not fucking perfect!!! It's impossible! Of course we are flawed- every nation is- and when we make a mistake- like if a man cheats on his woman- you have to fucking own up to it!! It's just crazy- patriotism is like staying stand by your man no matter what.

So anyway- as a result of our inability to admit that we aren't perfect- we have made grave mistakes- and this presidency allows people to fuck up and get away with it (Enron and so much more)- there is the prison torture- and that's exactly why there's all these hostages now.

We just can't go around acting like we live by a higher moral code and fight for freedom when it isn't true. If you are an American, it's because you are lucky enough to be born here, or you were able to get here some how. If all Americans were great there'd be no prisons. Our soldiers aren't perfect, and they aren't all heros. I don't doubt for a second that some people join the military because they have empty lives and they want to be in a position where people automatically look up to them- and believe me- I am greatful for the good guys out there in the military protecting me- but it's an odd thing to be greatful for. I wish that I didn't need people to risk their lives to protect me from other people who fuck up. And it's just so crazy that our world leaders are so willing to put our men and women on the line for their inability to run a country.

And yet- people voted for Bush. They put him in the position to send their kid off to war. And believe me- it didn't need to happen. If we just focused on getting Al Queda and Osama- maybe we wouldve been successful by now instead of wasting resources and lives fighting a war that can never be won! There will always be 3rd world countries- and until the wealth spreads out a little more and these cultures have their own revolutions- they will always be 3rd world countries and we can't force them into having freedom and safety. Nobody forced America into it- America did it for itself- and that's the only way to do it.

Oh man I could go on forever. But seriously- politics matter- the decisions leaders make matter- and after witnessing these past years and seeing people apathetic to it- arg!

And I want to hold a political office one day- mostly because I just don't care about being bribed and having lots of power- I just really want to solve people's problems and help make things better- and all I really think it takes is being honest, hardworking, and most importantly- you have to have no self-confidence issues so that someone could attack your weeknesses (by that I mean needs for money or power or something like that) and bribe you-
anyhow- I know I could hold a position in office with all the right intentions and all of the right abilities- BUT I don't have what it takes to be elected- especially not in Hoboken because I am not Italian- this is all because I don't have the right connections- I don't have a trust fund like Mr. Bush or an oil field- or a rich family like Freylinghuysen, Kennedy, Rockafeller, Clinton, whoever- and people want that and people vote for that. WHY!

But I'll try anyway- cause I complain to much- and people can't complain about this stuff if they have no intention of doing anything about it. So we'll see where I am in few years. Hopefully I'll be some unpaid assemblywoman/ counselman or something and I'll have to deal with people who are full of crap just to get some school board to fund an art class . . .

Ok goodnight.

No comments: