Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Crazy Wetness

So this morning we wake up and we could see from our window, wow, the backyard looks kind of flooded. This was around 7:30am. The backyard looked about a half a foot deep. So we went down to the basement to move some of our stuff. It had started flooding and at this time it was about an inch deep. I moved some boxes of books up high, and this one really heavy box up on a ledge, thinking it would be hgh enough. I call the landlord and take a shower. So I get out, it's about 15 mins later, look in the backyard, and it looks about 2 to 3 feet deep.

I go down to the basement, my box of books is screwed. Sad for me it's got some yearbooks in it, and I now know that a lot of the fun signatures are probably f'ed up. But it could be worse. The water is coming up the stairs. I try to turn the lights on to see if I could fish out my books, but the light flickers on an off and then the fire alarms start going off. On the phone with the landlord and he calls the fire dept. The fire alarms are going off (don't know why), my roommate and I get ready to leave for work. We open the front door.

There's people standing out on their stoops, a fire truck, an ambulance, and the street is a small river. The water was like 1-2 feet deep in the street. I took some pictures, I'll post them later on. So my roomie and I roll up our pants, put on some flip flops, and journey into the icky water and walk to the PATH. News 12 NJ is out in the streets covering it all. As I walk into work, I have my daily morning chat with the old italian man on Bedford St. He tells me his basement is flooded too, and he's really worried about having a crazy winter too. Global warming, boo!

In other news
I may have entered the "anger" phase as far as dealing with the breakup goes. Last night I dreamt that I was beating the shit out of Ashley the 19 year old boring whore face. We were yelling at each other and in the dream we were kind of moving around and running around and I just punched her for a solid hours' worth in the dream. I woke up feeling kind of satisfied. Now violence upsets me and I know it's wrong, but I am not motivated by rational desires lately. There is something extremely satisfying about fantasizing about beating the shit out of this idiot girl, and also in wishing death upon Brian and Ashley both.

PS- Celebrity spotting yesterday, David Cross buzzing by on a dorky bicycle. And also, on last night's new Real World Philadelphia I was really proud of my gaydar cause I totally knew Karamo was gay before he said it. He's so hot! And the straight boys are totally not hot, and girl with the boobs is super lame. That's all I have to say about that.

Now I am going to put together my LBI post, but in the meantime, enjoy this morning's musical selection:
http://www.davidwain.com/kill.mov
This is from Amy Miles, a friend of David Wain from "the State", who sometimes performs her music at the comedy theatre, the UCB theatre. There's much more fun clips at www.davidwain.com actually.

Amy Miles.

No comments: