Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Um, I work here?

Yeah, so I am starting to realize what it means to "learn on the job". I got this job in spite of having zero experience in the film/tv industry. But much like people assumed I was a lawyer when I worked at the law firm, people assume I know something about the industry when they call and talk to me. Which I guess they should, I'm supposed to be some kind of production manager or something over here. But truth is, I don't know the answers to their questions, ones like- is X director good with high fashion, kids, humor, etc? Who's stuff looks really high end? But I do know how to answer that question with the little knowledge I have. I use Peter Venkman wisdom.

It's a little peice of advice that I learned as a child and to this day I am able to apply it. It's the kind of wisdom you want to share with your kids before you send them off into the world, more valuable than the age old "If you ever go into the future, don't step on anything." advice.

In the words of Peter Venkman, "Ray, If someone ever asks you if you are a God, you say, YES!". It doesn't matter if your name isn't Ray. It still applies. So my answer to the people calling, is yes. Yes, that director is very good with centaurs eating apples.


And furthermore, don't forget, there is no Dana. Only Zuul.

No comments: