Monday, October 04, 2004

And the rest of the weekend was cool too. . .

Highlights include actually seeing Vincent Gallo in person, and topless chicken fighting/dancing (I wasn't the topless one BTW). And I got really drunk. Really really drunk. So did my lady friends. We basically all woke up in the morning with "Oh my god, what the hell was I thinking when I did (this and that) last night . . ." But it's a good thing. We had fun.

Rehearsal has been going well and I'm happy about that. I kind of thought I was being a bad girl coming to rehearsal all hungover, but it didn't really make things worse. So long as you shove some sort of sandwich or street vendor hotdog down the hatchet before you get to work, you are well on your way to recovery. And I am memorizing these lines. It's hard for me not to feel a lot of pressure being in this thing cause there's a lot of lines and my "costars" are all professional actors who have been doing this for a while now. But I definately felt better when the director said to me, "Heather, you've been working hard." Good. I actually wasn't quite sure if I was working hard enough.

Song of the Day (but don't forget to relisten to Jimmy Eat World and Rachael Yamagata, both yummy tracks):
Badly Drawn Boy "Year of the Rat"
http://www.mtv.com/bands/az/badly_drawn_boy/artist.jhtml
and download Denali's "Normal Days", Dios "The Uncertainty of how things are", Money Suzuki "Alive and Amplified" and most especially Archade Fire's "Rebellion" if you can find them.

I'm also so excited about Mt St Helens! I Love EXPLOSIONS!

And I watched "Runaway Jury" this weekend. The directing was so fucking awful. The camera work was fine, the cast was first rate, but the directing of everything including the actors was just such crap. The director was hokey and didn't make anything work as it could have. And for what the film was trying to be, it should have been a lot more realistic. It was just plain stupid.

And now for something completely different,

My tribute to the top 5 sexiest female movie characters/ones I'd like to be:
1.
Ok, so T2 is my most favorite movie ever, and I've always wanted to be Linda Hamilton's character. Not that I want to be chased by killer robots, but she's just so awesome. She gets to save the world and be really cool, and she knows her automatic weapons. T2 Sarah Connor is the most badass chick ever. And Linda did a pretty fine job at it. Why I remember in high school I bought me some grey sweatpants and wore em with a white wifebeater cause I thought it made me look like her in the beginning of the movie. Nuthin's hotter than that. . .

2.
UMA. In Kill Bill. Yeah, nuf said about her in this blog. Allz I gotta say is graveyard scene- BAAAAD AAAASSSSSS.

3.
Ripley. Bald, in space panties, reincarnated in Alien Resurrection- in all styles, Ripley is so awesome. As much as I enjoy wearing the occasional pink lacy thing from Victoria's Secret during sexy time, nothing beats the little white tank top/ panty outfit worn by Weaver in the first Alien- an image burned into the minds of countless boy dorks for about 3 decades now . . .

4.
Michelle Pfieffer's Catwoman- and she didn't have to have boobies flying all around like Halle Berry, and she was still the bomb. A wonderful Burton/Pfeiffer collaboration on this character. Meow.

And I can't quite decide who gets the number 5 spot.

There's ones that come to mind but can't make the list cause they just held back too much. Like Princess Leia. She's not "take no prisoners" enough for me. I know that the dudes dig her, but she had her damsel in distress moment with Jabba the Hut, and I can't help but hold it against her. Too many sexy female characters are objectified- like they'll have their cool moments, but then the filmmaker turns them into nothin but cute for a few scenes with no real substance behind them. Basically the character is there for the sole purpose of being attractive. Which is of course what I think a lot of men expect or want women to be all the time, and I resent it, so, um, anyway . . .

There's ones that make the sexy for being cool list who I would say are more cute than sexy, like Diane Keaton in Annie Hall, Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffanys, Audrey Tatou in Amelie, and Scarlett Johansson in Lost in Translation. There's ones that make the pure sex appeal list- Elizabeth Hurley, Salma Hayek, Kim Basinger. And one that stands out in other ways- Joan Allen in "The Contender". And I almost forgot- Kate Hepburn in all of her glorious pantsuits!

This chick knew how to roar . . .

And there's the ones that guys think are sexy but piss me off like Kirsten Dunst, Jennifer Love Hewitt, or Halle Berry, or ones that I am just plain jealous of cause I wanna be them, like Natalie Portman (yes, she dated Gael Garcia Bernal and got to be in Garden State, arg!).

And I was almost tempted to put Tyler Durden on my list. Not female, but goddamn what a sexy character. I want to both do and be Tyler Durden. Seriously.

No comments: