Thursday, December 30, 2004

I am so fucking done with 2004. GET ME OUT OF HERE.


In the Cut
I watched this on On Demand last night whilst cleaning my little love shack that needed oh so terribly to be tidied up. That was whistful of me, no? On Demand plus 2 free week trial of Blockbuster online rentals means I am watching lots of movies in my spare pockets of time. Anyhow . . . In the Cut is AWESOME. Fuck the Tomatometer. One of the best thriller mysteries I've ever seen, and I definately appreciate the erotic elements. I'd give this a number 2 spot in my list of best get-you-all-hotted-up movies. Number one is "Henry and June". I think number 3 might be Wild Things . . . anyhow- In the Cut. Well done and well manipulated, as all thrillers must be- a game of audience manipulation- but it's not too contrived, and the pacing works. The movie kind of ebbs and flows, from soft slow scenes to spots where it knows to be quicker. Not sure if Ryan was the best for the part but she did do a good job. And DAMN Mark Ruffalo. I didn't think of him as sexy really until this movie. That boy has a very very nice body. And the whole sexy detective thing really really works for him. SWAT was on the HBO afterwards so of course I just had to have it on for eye candy purposes- but last evening I'd say Mr. Ruffalo left me with the greater proportion of dirty thoughts. And I think that this female director really cared about making the movie sexy for the female viewer. Thanks!

MUSCCCCCCCCCCCI
I got me lots of new music. I like to join the BMG music club once every few years, get all my free cds, and cancel my membership after I buy my one obligatory CD, and it works well and serves as a good way to update my music collection. My shipment came in today and boy oh boy am I rockin out! Right now I am enjoying Rooney. Single highlights: Rooney's "Blueside" and "I'm a Terrible Person". I also got Rachel Yamagata, Keane, Beck, Ryan Adams "Love is Hell", more Thrills, and some Jet cause I like that one song about Love even though I hate their other generic shit. I am gonna get me some Sondre Leche and Old Coldplay I think, oh and more Johnny Cash. That'll be good.

Here's my query of the day: How come there's a plethora of sexy actors on the screen and not in my real world? What with Mark Ruffalo, Topher Grace, Ashton Kutcher, Adam Brody, Tom Welling and Colin Farrell bein all out there and so cute, where's the real life counterparts? I mean the only reason I crush on the famous is cause they are all in front of my face and crap. In reality I think the fun of dating a famous person would only last a month and then it would get to be a real pain in the ass cause they would be banging like a hundred other people and be all over the world and you can't come with and doing like 5 kinds of drugs at a time. SO whateva . . . unfortunately the down side of having high standards is being sexless. High five.

I said High Five, son.

No comments: