Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Just another self-hating (half) Jew I guess . . .


absorb my damn hostility you gangsta ass dairy holder

It's fucking hard to be a person. I have been taking issue with personal flaws lately and it's been tearing me apart. Making life decisions is hard. Knowing how to be is hard. But I let someone who doesn't even put any thought into who he is rip me apart for my own flaws. I have a really hard time accepting them. And I can't let anyone crucify me for my own problems. Let he who is without sin cast the first fucking stone, ya know? But,

I am sorry, world, that I am loud and obnoxious sometimes.
I am sorry, world, for how fucking narcissistic this website is.
I am sorry everybody, for frequently being the center of attention,
for offending all the people I offend,
for not being more fucking appropriate,
for getting awfully wild when I am drunk,
and for all this damned intensity.

I am very sincerely sorry, world, if it's annoying you. This is not sarcasm. I really don't want to annoy you. I am sorry if it offends your values or turns you off. I am sorry if you get irritated with me.

But I have had this personality for a very very long time. And as much as maturity and critical self-evaluation has weeded out many of my own vices- I cannot drop these. I am loud, I can't avoid the narcissism because I want to succeed in entertainment and therefore have to market my own self as a product, and you just get a lot of attention when you are loud and weird.

But I am loud and weird, and believe me- I have tried to tame it. And of course I can in certain situations. I turn it off completely in office environments for example. But otherwise, the suppression makes me miserable. Because then I am not being myself. I am being other people. And that's a personal nightmare. I mean, there are so many souls in the world, who's gonna have this one? This one is mine- I gotta own it. I gotta take it on, right?

It's truly ok to be hated and rejected by some people. That's absolutely not the worst thing in the world. I mean, you've probably got a problem that needs to be dealt with if you are entirely friendless and hated. But I can deal with a handful of non-fans, and well, I have to. There's no choice. I'm just coming to accept that I can't be me and also change these things about me.

SO sorry world, and in the same breath- suck me world. Embrace me or eat me alive, but I refuse to eat myself alive.

I must just listen to that guy in my yearbook who said "Stay cool. Don't ever change! Have a great summer- Call me! xxx oooo" Fuckin right. I'm not changing.

Anyhow . . . on a more peaceful note, I'm quite happy. Had a lovely weekend and the whole nine yards. Here's a little story about a lowlight of the weekend.

It's also sometimes just so hard to get the fruit in the bottom of the yogurt cup to come up and I don't like when it stays at the bottom in the little creases of the cup cause the unmixed fruit flavors are way too intense. Fuck you yogurt cup. Sorry acidophilus.

No comments: