Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Terminator 4: The Musical, and more ....


Good YAY news!
Ok, so I wrote my first full-length comedic feature stage play. It is called Terminator 4: The Musical. (A true labor of love for those films) I have assembled a stellar cast and just got my first confirmed showtime! MARK YOUR CALENDARS- Terminator 4: The Musical drops on Tuesday September 12 at 8pm at The PIT. I will be playing the role of Sarah Connor. Hey, if you want your dream role, sometimes you have to write it for yourself.

Today on Girlspoke I wrote about how I'd like to do some youths. Read here.

Saw Prairie Home Companion yesterday and it was fantastic. Definite oscar contender. Didn't expect it to be so good. It's not really a go to the theatres exciting kind of thing like Superman, but it should be seen. It's got one of the best screenplays (and should win for that) and the freshest, MOST CLEVER dialogue I've seen in a movie. It's got a perfect ensemble cast so bravo to the casting director. In spite of the PR for the movie, Meryl and Lohan's roles are no bigger than the rest. The music is really fun, and Woody Harrelson is his most fuckable since Cheers. A lovely, perfectly told and acted story. I've never taken much notice of Robert Altman but now I see why he's so respected. Kevin Kline is especially masterful in his execution of really funny lines. Tommy Lee Jones delivered my favorite line of the movie though, from the scripture. But I can't remember it at this time. So here's other quotes-
And the obviously brilliant Garrison Keillor: "The penguin joke? Two penguins are standing on an ice floe. The first penguin says, you look like you're wearing a tuxedo. The second penguin says, what makes you think I'm not?"
Ohh and Harrelson in a song: "Liquor she said, and lick her I did, and I don't work there any more."

Ok, I've got more to tell y'all about and I will later on. Ciao.

No comments: