Thursday, August 10, 2006

What People are saying about HeatherFink.com


So this morning I get the nicest surprise in my myspace mailbox. It's from Slaney, my girl Sara's friend and certainly a new friend of mine.

Subject: "you're kind of amazing"
Dear Heather,
I'm sure you get this all the time, but as someone who is new to your blog and to this whole idea of blogging in general (which sounds gross, like, ew guys, i made a really big blog today), I just wanted to tell you I love your blog. You're smart and hysterical and inspirational. Rock on.


Now that's really freakin nice to start my day off with. It would be awesome if I got that all the time, but instead I often get a much more colorful mix of responses. Sometimes I avoid posting the best ones on the blog out of fear of psychos. Anyone who's been reading this from day one remembers the sister site created - yes this actually happened- back in 2004- called heatherstink.com, effectively ripping on me and calling me an ugly and pathetic loser, pointing out my large platter like face (what can I say? I'm a round headed girl.) and mocking my bad grades in law school.

And who could forget the crazy ass craigslister who started sending me explicit naked pictures of obese women?

Ooh and then there was the fellow who Im'ed me BEGGING to suck my feet, which actually turned into a serious, possibly/hopefully life changing conversation with the young man where I explained that he would not likely be successful in sucking a stranger lady's feet if he flat out asks. I suggested that he form a relationship of some sort with the lass first, and then bring up his footsucking desires after said relationship has been formed.

Oh the joys of a society that is less anonymous via the internet superhighway of LOVE!

Anyhow, It's been a while since this guy sent his letter, and it's by far the best I've ever recieved. And I'd love to show you the pics he sent me of himself, but I'll protect the guy's anonymity just cuz. By the way, sending pictures of oneself to a lady without provocation is just no good, no matter if you are cute or not. I emailed this guy I stopped dating a question about something businessy and he replied with a "by the way" and showed me "what I had been missing". That is a truly hilarious thing to do- no if ands or buts.

Without further adieu, I bring you my favorite heatherfink.com response letter ever sent:

------------------

Heather,

"Whatever you do or dream you can do, begin it now. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it."
Voltaire

We connected rather unexpectedly (your site). I believe peoples' paths cross for reasons unbeknownst to us.

When I saw your picture, you hit a chord with me (in my soul). From the sights and sounds of your life, I would imagine such things are a bit far fetched (or not?).

A friend of mine, t.v. anchor woman for Fox 5, Lisa Cabrerra, reminds me of your...

And Jane Seymour when she did "Somewhere In Time" ( I knew Jane at then).

I admire your flair for life and you honesty.

I recently wrote a book about my journey to hell and back in the art world.

You may have heard about it as it caused an uproar in the status quo. We are not in the process of putting together feature inspired by my story.

After spending nearly four years doing book tours, radio (BBC), t.v. (NBC/CBS etc), tons of newspaper and magazine intereviews about the dark side, the circle is about to complete itself.

My partner (who worked for Andrew Lloyd Weber/EMI Records) etc. and I are working on a major art, media and celebrity event in Dubai scheduled for January 2006. We have been invited by the royal family which is, in and of itself, a kind of miracle considering where I was less than ten years ago.

Withough the gay inferences (I'm straight), my life has been compared to that of Oscar Wilde who put aesthetics above and beyond all things in life, thereby losing his grasp on reality.

My quest in life now, like yours is to be as brutally honest as I can be without hurting people.

I believe that truth is a very powerful thing when it is used with kindness and compassion.

I also believe that love is the greatest power on earth.

Perhaps we should meet and talk. There may be a way to do some work together in terms of the Dubai project and other situations we are involved with.

This summer we developed a plan to put a cultural center and upbeat, media, art and music/film situation at 23 Wall Street in the JP Morgan building.... we are also working on a worldwide art attraction that will show people the ins and outs/dark and light side of the art world.

I can't explain exactly what it is about you, but you look so familar to me... your eyes, the shape of your nose, flat on your face like a boxer. You are very beautiful yet strong and someone I would like to get to know.

I have had quite a journey so far... lived and died about three times and am about to reach the summit once again.

If the spirit moves you, please write or call.... I would like you to have a copy of my book.

We are off to London and Dubai in a few weeks.

Possible to have drinks or dinner one night?

A good friend of mine lives in Hoboken. I am in NYC... started a cutting edge gallery in Soho, moved to LA, built movie star collections, wrote my book and now the movie.

I also did a film for New Line on the discovery of a Jackson Pollock painting (50 million dollars) in a thrift shop).

I have a feeling we have much to share.

With Warmest Wishes.

----------

And in a follow up letter with the picture:

Heather,

I wanted you to see this image.

It was taken in front of my house in LA when Tom Hoving did a feature for Connoisseur on the celebrity art collections I was building.

I had a great time in LA but I love being in London. Must have had a former life there.

For someone so young, you have an old and very wise soul. I love the way you look.

Heather is a beautiful name... it reminds me of the scene in Wuthering Heights when Kathy crowns Heathcliff, her prince on the moors... amidst the heather.

Dream Big, Heather Fink... many are called but few are chosen.

You are one of the chosen

With Warmest Wishes,
-------------------------------------

No comments: