Wednesday, January 24, 2007

family fun and excitement

Sexytime website updated with info, go there, buy your tickets now- do it do it go go gogogogoogogogoogo now.


We wanna see Sexytime! We are gonna bring this lil stuffed puppy with us now aren't we? Yes. Yes we are.

I'm into CNN today:
- Hooray! A child born of a pure virgin! This gives me hope that I can one day have my own komodo baby without having to give up my sacred virginity.

- DEVASTATION- Ruined Sponges! NOOOOOOO - the damage is irreversable.

"Just wanted you to know that your article on microwaving sponges and scrubbers aroused my interest. However, when I put my sponge/scrubber into the microwave, it caught fire, smoked up the house, ruined my microwave, and pissed me off," one correspondent wrote in an e-mail to Reuters.


- Fuck yeah Tyra

Last night I saw a screening of Fired!. At first we were loving it. There were fun, cute stories about being Fired, etc. The highlight was this nurse lady in the beginning talking about it. Then the creator, Annabelle Gurwitch, made a terrible mistake transforming this comedy into something that had a message - almost trying to transition from Aristocrats to An Inconvenient Truth. To have a movie go from sharp, quick, and funny, to watching preachy people go on and on about boring, mundane, merely midly amusing crap was a total wrong move. And this rich over privileged woman made this whole movie, which also has a companion book and live show, because she was fired from one stupid acting job. That would be so fine if she didn't take it seriously, because there is nothing serious about that. She's not living paycheck to paycheck, she's married to a rich and powerful man, and she gets plenty of acting work. She quickly went from charming to making me hate her and wish the movie would stop. At the end she answered some question that addressed the seriousness of firing for a person who can transform that into a new opportunity vs someone who is poor and has a family for whom firing would be devastating. She actually tried to say that she can empathize with that. No way am I buying this, preachy mc preacher pants! Anyhoo, it irritated me and my friend. Don't bother with this movie- although the comedians' stories in the movie are enteraining and enjoyable.

No comments: