Wednesday, May 16, 2007

I'm so thrilled!

I made a decision to do something I've been wanting to do for a really long time. I thought about it, put my priorities in check, and finally went for it.

I've always wanted to have my own "editing suite" with Final Cut Pro on it and the whole shebang, back up hard drive, etc- whatever I need to be self sufficient. I know final cut, love editing, and have soo much backed up stuff I've written that I've yet to shoot and edit.


drool ...

So I did it, got all stuff I need trying to be as frugal as possible. I'll finally have the freedom to bring all the stuff I wrote to life!

Also, I found some great deals on a pro camera so I can also shoot my own stuff. This is especially exciting for me because now I can develop better camera skills. I understand shots and angles, just not all the technical know how, but that's the sort of thing I'm pretty good at picking up.

And I got a really cool USB microphone for voice overs since I do a lot of those. Oh and I wasn't cheap in getting the express final cut either. I think the investment in getting the full, non-pirated version is extremely worth it.

Before this purchase, and aside from student loans, I have about a thousand in debt on my credit card, but I decided that I'd be happy to be in (moderate) debt over something that means so much to me, as far as being able to pursue all the creative things I want to tackle. I consulted some friends who guided me through what to buy and I found some great deals.

The only things I didn't get that I'm still wanting are a Boom mike, lighting, and Lavs. Can't afford lavs, can probably borrow a boom/boom operator, and don't have a studio for the lighting anyway, so I could probably get some goodies at Home Depot that'll work well for makeshift lights.

I don't think I've ever been happier with spending my money. I needed to re prioritize! Should I be saving my credit for fancy lipglosses, expensive dinners, and cool shoes? Nooo! So today I got with the program. I'm so so super psyched!!!!

No comments: