Tuesday, June 05, 2007

When I was a little girl I really loved the rain. I would dress in my mom's trench coat and run around our big yard and pretend I was a spy on a mission. I would hide in my dad's rusty old nissan ZX and pretend it was my office. It was also a good place to put baby toads that I found. I'd try and outrun the badguys but usually allow myself to trip up and fall into puddles of mud because I love mud. There was one specific spot I loved to visit, all the way up to middle school, to play in the mud because the mud quality was very good there.

One time, I think I was 10 years old or something like that, I pretended that I was the god of weather, and I was all like "let there be rain". And then it rained. I tried it again, and sometimes it would work and sometimes it would not. Usually it would not work. I guess the other gods were smiting me. Stupid gods always smiting.

For that I must bring you my wrath.

No comments: