Tuesday, February 17, 2009

NIN Hiatus

Trent Reznor said NIN should end soon - and he gives some great perspective on the state of music. I agree - NIN should take a break or end. I love seeing him tour and hope to see another show this year - but NIN isn't what it used to be, and I'd rather Trent Reznor make songs only when he feels especially inspired, and grow old and do other cool creative things here and there.

I also prefer to preserve the treasures of my youth- such as the Terminator movies, and I really don't appreciate the "Sarah Connor Chronicles" more like the Suckicles. Right?!

After all, what would Nirvana be today? Beastie Boys transformed, and I'm grateful for the music they've made, but I'm glad they've stopped too. Radiohead shouldn't make too many albums either, only when they know they've got it just right - as they have done.

And let's all be grateful that Dave Matthews Band can remain the saccharine slow jam of high school proms, and not be some band that is still trying to make it with the new generation.

In other music news:
I'm seeing Sonic Youth in May, and saw Grizzly Bear on Valentines Day.




Click here and scroll down to read more about this music video "Sunday" by Sonic Youth, starring Macaulay Culkin in 1998 with his then wife, Rachel Miner, directed by Harmony Korine.

The Silversun Pickups are coming out with a new album soon.

Look at this year's Sasquatch lineup! That would be a great place to see NIN perform.

an image of the Gorge

PS - Non musically related. Here is evidence of some things I did this weekend, most notably - snow tubing with Adam, Annemarie, and Stephen.

No comments: