Monday, March 16, 2009

Stuff I did and liked:
- Saw Dana Tai Soon Burgess & Co perform Hyphen and Mixed Reptoire with K Sloan of the Winger. I invited her since she was once a dancer ballerina and thought she might appreciate it. It was GWU alumni thing and I realllly loved having free drinks and snacks and seeing something I'd otherwise probably not see. The dance performance was beautiful. I can't believe how bodies can move like that. I think I've only seen theatrical dance 2 times as an adult. There was music and film visuals mixed in. All modern, made me think, and it was different than what I usually see. Then we met up with her boyfriend, and they ordered a really fucked up pizza that had tons of creamy buffalo wing sauce on it. Was intense.
Crazy ass Buffalo chicken saucey pizza w/ Doug and Sloan

- Performed Standup at Legion Bar in East Williamsburg.
Thanks to the very funny Abe Jellinek for booking me on his new show. I didn't know what to expect since it was such an odd location, but the turnout was awesome and I had a very fun night. Props to Ian and Christina, and Gina and Eric for coming to the show!

- Went to Les Savy Fav show - had a grrrreat time and very much fun! I don't know too much Les Savy Fav but I heard it's always a really fun show so I had to check it out. The rumor is true. We mooshed around in the mosh pit and experienced the delights of frontman Tim Harrington. - honorable mention to opener Francis and the Lights - don't like their music but the lead singer impressed everyone with his weird killer dance moves
Photos from the show
You can see Adam and me in the upper right corner of this picture


- Celebrated Christy's 30'th bday at Inoteca. Finally had gut busted so hard that I am committed to eating even healthier! Was cheating and pizzaing more often than I should. Not something I want to be a part of my unemployed lifestyle.
Christy's Bday at Inoteca!  (sorry bout the weird red eye reduction)

- New Bruno movie is almost here!
- Trent discusses ticket scalpers
- World's most beautiful Arby's coming to BKLYN
- I like me some Cursive (live on Letterman) - my favorite song of theirs: Sink to the Beat
- Sasha Frere-Jones: The last three "guitar heroes" I saw were women: Marnie Stern, Kaki King, and Marissa Paternoster of the the Screaming Females.


Also, Adam was ripped out of my Gossip Girl Spoofs and placed in a new one on College Humor! Watch an old lady make out with him!

STREET MEAT IS TONIGHT PLEASE DO COME!

No comments: