I always think of this movie when I visit the World Financial Center, and when my mom used to take me there on Take Your Daughter to Work day. She used to work in WTC pre 2001.
Saw the Fischerspooner dress rehearsal for their tour on Saturday. This will be a spectacular show of great sounds and dance and costumes and all such excitement.
Check out this killer new Fischerspooner cover of an obscure REM song.
Check out more pics from this show.
- Chinese Batman lost in translation (via kloke/killbot alpha)
- Mario Batali on Martha Stewart making Spring Onion and Pea soup.
- Per Se now has an A La Carte menu in the Per Se Salon. (Per Se is probably one of the most expensive, rumored to be the abolute best fancy food in nyc. Used to be 275 a head, now it's got some regular expensive items - so it's tryable ...)
- Rhys Chatham at the Met - really enjoyed it, loved the encore that had some metal eletments and a very Franz Ferdinand drum beat
- Mogwai at MHOW - Adam explains that they are all about "playing as soft as possible while playing as loud as possible" which makes for an interesting musical experience.
I really liked openers "The Twilight Sad" who had a Pitchfork top 100 track with "Cold Days from the Birdhouse." Pitchfork also begins their most recent album review with this:
If you've never seen the Twilight Sad live, here's your two-word review: they're loud. Like, just completely ear-splitting.
The Twilight Sad - "Cold Days From The Birdhouse" (MP3)
Julia Roberts speech at Tom Hanks tribute at Lincoln Center
it's short, great, and NSFW