Monday, May 11, 2009
There's sad mommies who are having a rough time out there!
Wouldn't it be particularly crappy to be a struggling single mom, especially in this economy? Kids need a lot of things - food, clothing, health care ...
I don't have a lot of money right now and you don't either, but hopefully you could spare something for disadvantaged single moms out there - they could really use it!
I'm taking part in a date auction on May 28th for the WGirls (see below, they help out these moms and families).
Please sponsor me! And if you'd like to bid on dates (My friend Neil Janowitz is one of the hosts, he's delightful) and some dude from MTV's The City is also up for auction, named "J.R. Gudger."
TICKETS AVAILABLE HERE - **** If you pledge 25 bucks - you get a free ticket! ****
25 in advance, 45 at the door,
Where: M2 Ultra Lounge | 530 W 28th St. New York, NY
When: Thursday, May 28th from 7–11 pm
Why: To raise funds and awareness for The Opportunity Network and Harlem RBI.
Get ready to bid on your favorite bachelor & bachelorettes at our live
and silent auctions.
FREE Vodka & Wine bar from 7:00-8:00pm, awesome Raffle Prizes,
and Music by Vikas & Dimitry!!
(not as easy as Murphy Brown made it look!)
ABOUT THE CHARITY:
The WGIRLS believe that all children, regardless of race, religion or financial situation, deserve the same opportunities our members were afforded throughout childhood. These opportunities include quality education, strong and positive parental influence, and a safe and loving home. We also believe that to create these opportunities, parents, especially single mothers, must have access to education,
child- and health-care. These tools will help them be self-sufficient, and set a positive example for their children.
The WGIRLS raise funds and volunteer, through partnerships with organizations that share our mission and vision to meet the following goals:
- Provide quality education to disadvantaged women and children throughout New York City and the surrounding areas.
- Provide a safe and welcoming daycare and after school environment for the children of disadvantaged working mothers.
- Encourage all disadvantaged women to rise above their circumstances in pursuit of education, financial independence and
- Provide quality healthcare to disadvantaged women and their children.
- Afford disadvantaged children and their families amenities such as new clothing, toiletries, school supplies and gifts during the holidays so that they may experience a sense of pride and normalcy in their everyday lives.