Thursday, November 05, 2009

sufjan quote and bright eyes

"Why are songs like three or four minutes, and why are records 40
minutes long? They're based on the record, vinyl, the CD, and these
forms are antiquated now. So can't an album be eternity, or can't it be
five minutes? ... I no longer really have faith in the album anymore. I
no longer have faith in the song."
- Sufjan Stevens
http://pitchfork.com/news/37026-sufjan-stevens-calls-the-50-states-album-project-such-a-joke/

Way for Sufjan to try opening my gosh darned mind. I will say that something feels natural and right about these times. The same thing bothers me about movie and tv show lengths and how arbitrary they can be. Then again something seems to feel right experientially about them. Uh. Go Yankees.


ALSO

Finally a new Bright Eyes song that's good ... cause I didn't really like the last album/solo stuff as much :(

BRIGHT EYES - LIME TREE from Alex Turvey on Vimeo.

No comments: