Monday, July 30, 2012
I've lived in the lower east side/east village area for about 6 years now. AND I'M LEAVING!!!
Cause I'm gonna go to LA for a bit. I'll be back in time for turkey and gravy'd up potaters.
BUT YOU CAN HAVE SOME FOOD TIPZ. Ready?
Favorite best restaurant:
on Orchard St
- flawless service, food, drinks, fresh ingredients, atmosphere
Favorite best lunch:
- lunch box special at Soba-Ya w cold soba
on 9th btwn 2nd and 3rd
honorable mention: Soba Koh's dinner special - wasabi cold soba with uni on top HOLY CRAP mmmm
Favorite best affordable dinner:
Cafe Himalaya on 1st and 1st - it's BYOB, cash only, and crowded, the soup and momo dumplings are MMMMM but DON'T DRINK THE BUTTER TEA. I thought butter tea would be interesting. You're not gonna like it unless you like drinking warm cups of salted butter liquid.
Also - Tsampa Himalayan food on 9th btwn 2nd and 3rd. More delicious Himalayan/Tibetan food, which is incredibly flavorful and healthy, in a spacious restaurant that takes credit card and serves drinks. Great for groups.
Favorite best dish:
Meskel - etheopian restaurant
Ave B and 3rd Street
- timatim salad
MMM so TANGY so Fresh so TASTY
also recommended - collard greens, combo plates
this place is the best etheopian in NYC south of harlem
(best etheopian in USA is in northern VA and washington DC)
MESKEL TIMATIM = num num yummy
Do you like sandwiches?
- Sunny and Annie's Deli - looks like an ordinary bodega
on 6th st and Ave B
BUT GUESS WHAT?
Imperial sandwiches with magical tasty powers are inside of this place anticipating your arrival, wanting to be put in your mouth. It's a fact.
Also good: Edi and the Wolf (super cute atmosphere), Kafana (yummy Albanians), Wasan (fancy sushi), Robata-ya (fun FUN fancy)
DO YOU LIKE TO DRINK?
- Elsa - classy, you can bring a special someone to this place for pleasant lighting and atmosphere
- Umi No En - somewhat hidden japanese surf bar. I like sitting on the floor but tall men don't. great place for me to have fun sitting on floor while hurting the tall man's knees, but that's what he gets for being a woman oppressor. And the food and drinks are good.
- Satsko - on 7th btwn B and C, cozy, comfy, friendly
There once was a time once upon a time when I loved to be and party on the lower east side.
But it is not as it once was.
Though I still love my Cake Shop, and the intersection of Orchard and Broome.
That's all I'm gonna say about that.